The company, which manufactures and sells air-conditioning and heating equipment, reported sales rose 14.3% to $76.4 million from $66.8 million in the same quarter the previous year.
AAON's net income jumped 37.6% to $9.8 million versus $7.1 million from the 2013 first quarter.
Earnings for the most recent quarter were up 36.8% to 20 cents per diluted share from 19 cents per diluted share for the year ago quarter.
TheStreet Ratings team rates AAON INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate AAON INC (AAON) a BUY. This is driven by some important positives, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 55.77% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, AAON should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- AAON has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, AAON has a quick ratio of 2.10, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Building Products industry and the overall market, AAON INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $14.75 million or 15.64% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -7.07%.
- AAON INC's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, AAON INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.02 versus $0.74 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.14 versus $1.02).
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: AAON Ratings Report