- SXL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $12.6 million.
- SXL has traded 3,337 shares today.
- SXL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SXL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SXL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SXL: Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. is engaged in the transport, terminalling, and storage of crude oil, refined products, and natural gas liquids (NGL) in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.1%. SXL has a PE ratio of 26.3. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Sunoco Logistics Partners a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Sunoco Logistics Partners has been 192,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Sunoco Logistics has a market cap of $9.4 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are up 20.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Sunoco Logistics Partners as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 0.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 34.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, SXL's share price has jumped by 49.30%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $288.00 million or 2.85% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, SUNOCO LOGISTICS PARTNERS LP's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 5.61%.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.40, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 0.90 is weak.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, SUNOCO LOGISTICS PARTNERS LP's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Sunoco Logistics Partners Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.