Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Alliance Resource Partners ( ARLP) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Alliance Resource Partners as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ARLP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $7.7 million.
- ARLP has traded 3,020 shares today.
- ARLP is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ARLP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ARLP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ARLP: Alliance Resource Partners, L.P. is engaged in the production and marketing of coal primarily to utilities and industrial users in the United States. It operates 10 underground mining complexes in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, and West Virginia. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 5.8%. ARLP has a PE ratio of 11.3. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Alliance Resource Partners a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Alliance Resource Partners has been 78,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Alliance Resource has a market cap of $3.4 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. The stock has a beta of 0.81 and a short float of 1.6% with 4.01 days to cover. Shares are up 19.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Alliance Resource Partners as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, attractive valuation levels, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 7.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, ARLP's share price has jumped by 29.66%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, ARLP should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 2.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $96.64 million to $99.29 million.
- 35.44% is the gross profit margin for ALLIANCE RESOURCE PTNRS -LP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 17.52% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- You can view the full Alliance Resource Partners Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.