Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified AmTrust Financial Services ( AFSI) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified AmTrust Financial Services as such a stock due to the following factors:
- AFSI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $22.6 million.
- AFSI has traded 18,238 shares today.
- AFSI is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AFSI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AFSI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AFSI: AmTrust Financial Services, Inc., through its subsidiaries, underwrites and provides property and casualty insurance in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.1%. AFSI has a PE ratio of 10.3. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate AmTrust Financial Services a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for AmTrust Financial Services has been 628,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. AmTrust Financial Services has a market cap of $2.8 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 0.72 and a short float of 25.5% with 18.59 days to cover. Shares are up 15.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates AmTrust Financial Services as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, notable return on equity and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- AFSI's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 10.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 55.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 30.30% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, AFSI should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- AMTRUST FINANCIAL SERVICES has improved earnings per share by 14.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, AMTRUST FINANCIAL SERVICES increased its bottom line by earning $3.68 versus $2.37 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.75 versus $3.68).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Insurance industry and the overall market, AMTRUST FINANCIAL SERVICES's return on equity significantly exceeds that of the industry average and is above that of the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 142.72% to $310.66 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, AMTRUST FINANCIAL SERVICES has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 22.52%.
- You can view the full AmTrust Financial Services Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.