Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Norfolk Southern ( NSC) pushed the Transportation industry lower today making it today's featured Transportation laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Norfolk Southern fell $0.95 (-1.0%) to $93.58 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,341,336 shares of Norfolk Southern exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,152,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $93.45-$94.67 after having opened the day at $94.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $94.53. Other companies within the Transportation industry that declined today were: Newlead Holdings ( NEWL), down 21.7%, American Railcar Industries ( ARII), down 14.2%, YRC Worldwide ( YRCW), down 6.6% and Radiant Logistics ( RLGT), down 4.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Norfolk Southern Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.