Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Helmerich & Payne ( HP) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Helmerich & Payne fell $3.12 (-2.9%) to $105.53 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,503,166 shares of Helmerich & Payne exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,283,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $105.23-$108.25 after having opened the day at $107.51 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $108.65. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Pacific Ethanol ( PEIX), down 12.3%, Sinocoking Coal and Coke Chemicals ( SCOK), down 12.1%, Swift Energy ( SFY), down 11.8% and North American Palladium ( PAL), down 11.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Helmerich & Payne Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.