Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. PPL ( PPL) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, PPL rose $0.87 (2.6%) to $34.21 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 7,275,309 shares of PPL exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,628,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $33.30-$34.38 after having opened the day at $33.39 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.34. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: Consolidated Water ( CWCO), up 5.4%, U S Geothermal ( HTM), up 3.5%, GreenHunter Resources ( GRH), up 3.2% and Exelon ( EXC), up 2.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full PPL Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.