Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Verizon Communications ( VZ) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Verizon Communications rose $0.49 (1.1%) to $47.22 on light volume. Throughout the day, 22,599,058 shares of Verizon Communications exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 44,726,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $46.60-$47.23 after having opened the day at $46.63 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $46.73. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: Iridium Communications ( IRDM), up 14.1%, Vonage Holdings ( VG), up 13.3%, AudioCodes ( AUDC), up 9.5% and Glowpoint ( GLOW), up 9.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Verizon Communications Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.