Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Progressive ( PGR) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Progressive rose $0.73 (3.0%) to $24.98 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 9,373,621 shares of Progressive exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,707,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $24.12-$25.01 after having opened the day at $24.25 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $24.25. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: Employers Holdings ( EIG), up 10.8%, AmTrust Financial Services ( AFSI), up 8.4%, Maiden Holdings ( MHLD), up 5.5% and Triple-S Management ( GTS), up 3.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Progressive Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.