Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Cornerstone OnDemand ( CSOD) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Cornerstone OnDemand as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CSOD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $52.2 million.
- CSOD is up 5% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CSOD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CSOD NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CSOD: Cornerstone OnDemand, Inc. provides cloud-based talent management solutions delivered as software-as-a-service. It offers four integrated clouds for recruiting, learning management, performance management, and extended enterprise. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Cornerstone OnDemand a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Cornerstone OnDemand has been 1.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Cornerstone OnDemand has a market cap of $2.0 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. Shares are down 31.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Cornerstone OnDemand as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, generally high debt management risk and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 45.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$7.42 million to -$10.76 million.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, CORNERSTONE ONDEMAND INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 4.16 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Regardless of the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, CSOD has managed to keep a strong quick ratio of 2.17, which demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- CORNERSTONE ONDEMAND INC's earnings per share declined by 40.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CORNERSTONE ONDEMAND INC reported poor results of -$0.79 versus -$0.63 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.24 versus -$0.79).
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, we do not believe this stock offers ample reward opportunity to compensate for the risks, despite the fact that it rose over the past year.
- You can view the full Cornerstone OnDemand Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.