- POM has 11x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 2.77 mentions/day.
- POM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $290.2 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in POM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for POM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on POM: Pepco Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiaries, is engaged in the transmission, distribution, and supply of electricity. The company also distributes and supplies natural gas. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 5.3%. POM has a PE ratio of 45.2. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Pepco Holdings a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. The average volume for Pepco Holdings has been 2.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Pepco has a market cap of $5.7 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.20 and a short float of 4.4% with 1.13 days to cover. Shares are up 39.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Pepco Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 3.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- PEPCO HOLDINGS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PEPCO HOLDINGS INC reported lower earnings of $0.34 versus $0.95 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.21 versus $0.34).
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $230.00 million or 32.94% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, PEPCO HOLDINGS INC's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 44.78%.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Electric Utilities industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 34.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $43.00 million to $58.00 million.
- The gross profit margin for PEPCO HOLDINGS INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 25.66%. Regardless of POM's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 5.31% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Pepco Holdings Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.