Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates FORTUNE BRANDS HOME & SECUR as a Buy with a ratings score of B+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate FORTUNE BRANDS HOME & SECUR (FBHS) a BUY. This is driven by some important positives, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 16.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- FORTUNE BRANDS HOME & SECUR reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, FORTUNE BRANDS HOME & SECUR increased its bottom line by earning $1.33 versus $0.72 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.96 versus $1.33).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Building Products industry. The net income increased by 248.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $18.40 million to $64.20 million.
- 36.06% is the gross profit margin for FORTUNE BRANDS HOME & SECUR which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 5.82% is above that of the industry average.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: FBHS Ratings Report