Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Aflac ( AFL) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Aflac fell $0.64 (-1.0%) to $62.72 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,476,765 shares of Aflac exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,886,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $61.86-$62.91 after having opened the day at $62.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $63.36. Other companies within the Insurance industry that declined today were: Willis Group Holdings ( WSH), down 5.1%, Axis Capital Holdings ( AXS), down 2.5%, Triple-S Management ( GTS), down 2.2% and Hilltop Holdings ( HTH), down 1.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Aflac Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.