Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. GlaxoSmithKline ( GSK) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, GlaxoSmithKline fell $1.02 (-1.8%) to $55.37 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,783,457 shares of GlaxoSmithKline exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,475,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $54.67-$55.60 after having opened the day at $55.45 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $56.39. Other companies within the Health Care sector that declined today were: Synthetic Biologics ( SYN), down 30.9%, Auxilium Pharmaceuticals ( AUXL), down 17.7%, Prothena ( PRTA), down 15.8% and Usana Health ( USNA), down 15.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full GlaxoSmithKline Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.