Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Sony ( SNE) pushed the Consumer Durables industry lower today making it today's featured Consumer Durables laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Sony fell $0.32 (-1.8%) to $17.64 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,478,998 shares of Sony exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,352,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $17.46-$17.67 after having opened the day at $17.55 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.96. Other companies within the Consumer Durables industry that declined today were: American Woodmark ( AMWD), down 2.6%, Black Diamond ( BDE), down 2.6%, Ethan Allen Interiors ( ETH), down 2.6% and Koss ( KOSS), down 2.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Sony Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.