Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Methanex ( MEOH) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Methanex fell $1.94 (-3.0%) to $62.00 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,423,561 shares of Methanex exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 857,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $60.53-$63.44 after having opened the day at $60.66 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $63.94. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: BioAmber ( BIOA), down 4.2%, Senomyx ( SNMX), down 4.1%, Kraton Performance Polymers ( KRA), down 3.6% and American Vanguard ( AVD), down 3.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Methanex Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.