Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Fastenal ( FAST) pushed the Materials & Construction industry higher today making it today's featured materials & construction winner. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Fastenal rose $0.65 (1.3%) to $50.08 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,776,937 shares of Fastenal exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,327,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $49.06-$50.17 after having opened the day at $49.37 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.43. Other companies within the Materials & Construction industry that increased today were: Sterling Construction ( STRL), up 12.9%, Aegion ( AEGN), up 8.0%, Tile Shop Holdings ( TTS), up 6.9% and PGT ( PGTI), up 3.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Fastenal Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.