Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Covidien ( COV) pushed the Health Services industry higher today making it today's featured health services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Covidien rose $0.89 (1.3%) to $71.25 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,831,274 shares of Covidien exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,150,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $70.04-$71.29 after having opened the day at $70.38 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $70.36. Other companies within the Health Services industry that increased today were: IsoRay ( ISR), up 29.6%, Akers Biosciences ( AKER), up 11.3%, Organovo Holdings ( ONVO), up 9.2% and EnteroMedics ( ETRM), up 7.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Covidien Ratings Report.
- Use our health services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.