Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Actavis ( ACT) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Actavis rose $6.52 (3.3%) to $204.33 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,800,359 shares of Actavis exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,973,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $200.12-$205.44 after having opened the day at $203.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $197.81. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: AVANIR Pharmaceuticals ( AVNR), up 45.6%, IsoRay ( ISR), up 29.6%, Adamas Pharmaceuticals ( ADMS), up 15.3% and 22nd Century Group ( XXII), up 14.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Actavis Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.