Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. General Motors ( GM) pushed the Automotive industry higher today making it today's featured automotive winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.0%. By the end of trading, General Motors rose $0.49 (1.4%) to $34.48 on light volume. Throughout the day, 13,536,530 shares of General Motors exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 26,433,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $33.84-$34.54 after having opened the day at $33.84 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.99. Other companies within the Automotive industry that increased today were: Sypris Solutions ( SYPR), up 7.3%, Remy International ( REMY), up 5.6%, Accuride ( ACW), up 5.2% and Wabash National ( WNC), up 4.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full General Motors Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.