- SRPT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $113.6 million.
- SRPT is up 2.3% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SRPT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SRPT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SRPT: Sarepta Therapeutics, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the discovery and development of RNA-based therapeutics for the treatment of rare and infectious diseases. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Sarepta Therapeutics a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Sarepta Therapeutics has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Sarepta has a market cap of $1.4 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.24 and a short float of 40.6% with 4.48 days to cover. Shares are up 78.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Sarepta Therapeutics as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$17.82 million or 148.98% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, SAREPTA THERAPEUTICS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- SRPT, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 26.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 64.2%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- SRPT's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.01 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 7.44, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- This stock has increased by 26.49% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in SRPT do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- You can view the full Sarepta Therapeutics Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.