- KALBITOR ® net sales were $12.5 million, an increase over first quarter 2013 net sales which were $8.6 million;
- KALBITOR patient demand units (units sold by distributors to hospitals or patients) increased by approximately 39% over the first quarter of 2013;
- The DX-2930 Phase 1a clinical study completed, with a Phase 1b study planned to begin dosing HAE patients in mid-2014;
- Cash, cash equivalents and investments at March 31, 2014 totaled $187.2 million; and
- In April, Dyax’s licensee Lilly received FDA approval for CYRAMZA™ (ramucirumab) as a single-agent treatment for patients with advanced gastric cancer after prior chemotherapy, making this the first approved product from Dyax’s LFRP.
Dyax Corp. (NASDAQ: DYAX) today announced financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2014. Dyax will host a webcast and conference call at 5:00 p.m. (ET) today to review financial results and provide updates regarding its key value drivers – the hereditary angioedema (HAE) business, including KALBITOR ® (ecallantide) and DX-2930, and the Licensing and Funded Research Portfolio (LFRP). Highlights of the first quarter 2014 included: