NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Taser International (TASR) shares are falling, down -5.4% to $16.18 on Wednesday, following the release of the company's first quarter earnings report.
The company posted net sales of $36.2 million, or 6 cents per share, beating analysts estimates by 2 cents.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Year over year quarterly revenues increased 18.9% to $36.2 million, beating analysts estimates of $34.03 million in quarterly revenue.
The stock is experiencing this dip despite those positive numbers.
The loss may be attributed to an EBITDA drop to $7.2 million from $7.7 million in the year ago period, or a 7.6% decrease in income from operations to $4.9 million.
TheStreet Ratings team rates TASER INTERNATIONAL INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate TASER INTERNATIONAL INC (TASR) a BUY. This is driven by a number of strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 2.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 24.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- TASR's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.00 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.19, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- TASER INTERNATIONAL INC has improved earnings per share by 42.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, TASER INTERNATIONAL INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.34 versus $0.27 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.37 versus $0.34).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Aerospace & Defense industry average. The net income increased by 40.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $3.82 million to $5.38 million.
- The gross profit margin for TASER INTERNATIONAL INC is rather high; currently it is at 66.58%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 13.42% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: TASR Ratings Report