Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Parexel International ( PRXL) as a "water-logged and getting wetter" (weak stocks crossing below support with today's range greater than 200%) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Parexel International as such a stock due to the following factors:
- PRXL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $33.4 million.
- PRXL has traded 147,827 shares today.
- PRXL traded in a range 231.4% of the normal price range with a price range of $4.01.
- PRXL traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 1 day, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 1 calendar day. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PRXL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PRXL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PRXL: PAREXEL International Corporation, a biopharmaceutical services company, provides clinical research, medical communications, consulting, commercialization, and advanced technology products and services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device industries worldwide. PRXL has a PE ratio of 29.1. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Parexel International a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Parexel International has been 505,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Parexel International has a market cap of $2.8 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.30 and a short float of 4.6% with 3.43 days to cover. Shares are up 7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Parexel International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- PRXL's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 16.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 18.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.61, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.44, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Life Sciences Tools & Services industry and the overall market, PAREXEL INTERNATIONAL CORP's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full Parexel International Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.