Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Triquint Semiconductor ( TQNT) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Triquint Semiconductor as such a stock due to the following factors:
- TQNT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $51.7 million.
- TQNT is up 4.3% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TQNT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TQNT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TQNT: TriQuint Semiconductor, Inc. provides a portfolio of radio frequency (RF) solutions for mobile device, networks infrastructure, and defense and aerospace markets worldwide. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Triquint Semiconductor a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Triquint Semiconductor has been 5.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Triquint Semiconductor has a market cap of $2.4 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. Shares are up 61.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Triquint Semiconductor as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 29.41% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 193.22% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 31.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$27.95 million to -$19.07 million.
- TRIQUINT SEMICONDUCTOR INC has improved earnings per share by 29.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TRIQUINT SEMICONDUCTOR INC reported poor results of -$0.23 versus -$0.16 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.48 versus -$0.23).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, TRIQUINT SEMICONDUCTOR INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for TRIQUINT SEMICONDUCTOR INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 33.65%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -10.73% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Triquint Semiconductor Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.