COLUMBUS, Ohio, April 29, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Bravo Brio Restaurant Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:BBRG) (the Company) owner and operator of the BRAVO! Cucina Italiana (BRAVO!) and BRIO Tuscan Grille (BRIO) restaurant concepts, today reported financial results for the 13 week period ended March 30, 2014. The Company also reiterated its outlook for the full year 2014. Selected First Quarter 2014 Highlights Compared to the First Quarter 2013:
- Revenues decreased 0.4% to $102.6 million from $103.1 million.
- Total comparable restaurant sales decreased 4.8% due primarily to weather conditions across the Midwest, Northeast and Mid Atlantic regions affecting the majority of restaurants in the comparable base.
- Comparable restaurant sales decreased 5.5% at BRAVO! and 4.4% at BRIO.
- Restaurant-level operating profit decreased 7.3% to $15.3 million from $16.6 million.
- Net income was $2.9 million, or $0.14 per diluted share, compared to net income of $3.4 million, or $0.17 per diluted share.