- VLO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $400.5 million.
- VLO traded 22,791 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:30 AM.
- VLO is up 2.3% today from Friday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in VLO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for VLO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on VLO: Valero Energy Corporation operates as an independent petroleum refining and marketing company in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom, and Ireland. It operates through two segments, Refining and Ethanol. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.8%. VLO has a PE ratio of 11.1. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Valero Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Valero Energy has been 8.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Valero Energy has a market cap of $30.1 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 2.49 and a short float of 2.3% with 1.85 days to cover. Shares are up 12.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Valero Energy as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 30.76% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 34.73% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, VLO should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- VALERO ENERGY CORP has improved earnings per share by 30.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, VALERO ENERGY CORP increased its bottom line by earning $4.98 versus $3.75 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.08 versus $4.98).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 27.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $1,010.00 million to $1,288.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 1451.53% to $2,529.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, VALERO ENERGY CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -22.86%.
- You can view the full Valero Energy Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.