Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Newmont Mining ( NEM) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.4%. By the end of trading, Newmont Mining fell $1.78 (-6.7%) to $24.67 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 16,896,774 shares of Newmont Mining exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10,280,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $24.61-$25.39 after having opened the day at $25.18 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.45. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: China Natural Resources ( CHNR), down 8.6%, Entree Gold ( EGI), down 6.8%, Banro ( BAA), down 6.7% and Alexco Resource ( AXU), down 6.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Newmont Mining Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.