Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. BP ( BP) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, BP fell $0.68 (-1.4%) to $49.04 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,972,913 shares of BP exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,200,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $48.90-$49.35 after having opened the day at $49.27 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.72. Other companies within the Energy industry that declined today were: National Oilwell Varco ( NOV), down 7.4%, New Concept Energy ( GBR), down 7.1%, Recon Technology ( RCON), down 6.9% and Sanchez Energy ( SN), down 6.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full BP Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.