Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. VMWare ( VMW) pushed the Computer Software & Services industry lower today making it today's featured Computer Software & Services laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.3%. By the end of trading, VMWare fell $2.81 (-3.0%) to $90.06 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,956,254 shares of VMWare exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,511,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $88.64-$93.40 after having opened the day at $92.89 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $92.87. Other companies within the Computer Software & Services industry that declined today were: Rubicon Project ( RUBI), down 16.4%, Varonis Systems ( VRNS), down 9.9%, ChannelAdvisor ( ECOM), down 9.5% and NQ Mobile ( NQ), down 8.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full VMWare Ratings Report.
- Use our computer software & services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.