Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Comcast ( CMCSA) pushed the Media industry higher today making it today's featured media winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, Comcast rose $0.73 (1.4%) to $51.70 on average volume. Throughout the day, 21,159,133 shares of Comcast exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 18,255,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $50.77-$51.81 after having opened the day at $51.53 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $50.97. Other companies within the Media industry that increased today were: Charter Communications ( CHTR), up 7.7%, NTN Buzztime ( NTN), up 3.2%, Media General ( MEG), up 3.1% and Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia ( MSO), up 2.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Comcast Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.