Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Republic Services ( RSG) pushed the Materials & Construction industry higher today making it today's featured materials & construction winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Republic Services rose $0.36 (1.1%) to $34.76 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,499,304 shares of Republic Services exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,783,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $34.43-$34.80 after having opened the day at $34.54 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.40. Other companies within the Materials & Construction industry that increased today were: Empresas ICA SAB de CV ( ICA), up 5.8%, TRC Companies ( TRR), up 3.7%, Louisiana-Pacific ( LPX), up 3.0% and MagneGas ( MNGA), up 2.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Republic Services Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.