Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Allstate ( ALL) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Allstate rose $0.73 (1.3%) to $56.84 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,261,931 shares of Allstate exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,864,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $56.29-$57.05 after having opened the day at $56.37 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $56.11. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: National Security Group ( NSEC), up 6.5%, 1347 Property Insurance Holdings ( PIH), up 5.3%, United Insurance Holdings ( UIHC), up 4.8% and CNinsure ( CISG), up 3.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Allstate Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.