Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Corning ( GLW) pushed the Electronics industry higher today making it today's featured electronics winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.2%. By the end of trading, Corning rose $0.23 (1.1%) to $20.97 on average volume. Throughout the day, 17,044,627 shares of Corning exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 12,711,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $20.35-$21.30 after having opened the day at $21.23 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $20.74. Other companies within the Electronics industry that increased today were: Ascent Solar Technologies ( ASTI), up 9.3%, Aetrium ( ATRM), up 7.7%, Bel Fuse ( BELFA), up 7.4% and Alliance Fiber Optic Products ( AFOP), up 6.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Corning Ratings Report.
- Use our electronics section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.