Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Colgate-Palmolive ( CL) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Colgate-Palmolive rose $1.62 (2.5%) to $67.86 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,501,474 shares of Colgate-Palmolive exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,634,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $66.58-$67.95 after having opened the day at $66.66 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $66.24. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Global-Tech Advanced Innovations ( GAI), up 8.1%, DS Healthcare Group ( DSKX), up 5.3%, Cresud ( CRESY), up 5.2% and SodaStream International ( SODA), up 5.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Colgate-Palmolive Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.