- D has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $128.0 million.
- D has traded 26,777 shares today.
- D is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in D with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for D NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on D: Dominion Resources, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in producing and transporting energy in the United States. The company operates through three segments: Dominion Virginia Power (DVP), Dominion Generation, and Dominion Energy. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.4%. D has a PE ratio of 22.8. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Dominion Resources a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Dominion Resources has been 2.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Dominion has a market cap of $41.3 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.03 and a short float of 1.8% with 6.35 days to cover. Shares are up 10.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Dominion Resources as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, growth in earnings per share, compelling growth in net income and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- D's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 1.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.7%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- DOMINION RESOURCES INC has improved earnings per share by 13.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, DOMINION RESOURCES INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.09 versus $2.49 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.53 versus $3.09).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Multi-Utilities industry. The net income increased by 165.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$659.00 million to $431.00 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Multi-Utilities industry and the overall market, DOMINION RESOURCES INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Dominion Resources Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.