- SNY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $46.7 million.
- SNY traded 101,756 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:13 AM, representing 11.7% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SNY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SNY NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SNY: Sanofi researches, develops, manufactures, and markets healthcare products. The company operates in three segments: Pharmaceuticals, Human Vaccines, and Animal Health. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.6%. SNY has a PE ratio of 27.1. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Sanofi a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Sanofi has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Sanofi has a market cap of $140.8 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are down 1.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Sanofi as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, increase in net income, expanding profit margins and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- SNY's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 1.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- SNY's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.26 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.23, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Pharmaceuticals industry. The net income increased by 130.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $660.15 million to $1,519.99 million.
- The gross profit margin for SANOFI is rather high; currently it is at 58.07%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 12.27% trails the industry average.
- SANOFI reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SANOFI reported lower earnings of $1.91 versus $2.44 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.55 versus $1.91).
- You can view the full Sanofi Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.