- HMC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $29.3 million.
- HMC traded 113,485 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:15 AM, representing 12.6% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HMC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HMC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HMC: Honda Motor Co., Ltd. engages in the manufacture and sale of motorcycles, automobiles, and power products. It operates through four segments: Motorcycle Business, Automobile Business, Financial Services Business, and Power Product and Other Businesses. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2%. HMC has a PE ratio of 9.9. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Honda Motor a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Honda Motor has been 795,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Honda has a market cap of $61.0 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and automotive industry. Shares are down 18.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Honda Motor as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, weak operating cash flow and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- HMC's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 5.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- HONDA MOTOR CO LTD reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. During the past fiscal year, HONDA MOTOR CO LTD increased its bottom line by earning $2.17 versus $1.41 in the prior year.
- Even though the current debt-to-equity ratio is 1.04, it is still below the industry average, suggesting that this level of debt is acceptable within the Automobiles industry. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 0.84 is weak.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $1,438.91 million or 25.66% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- HMC has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 15.89% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, we do not see anything in this company's numbers that would change the one-year trend. It was down over the last twelve months; and it could be down again in the next twelve. Naturally, a bull or bear market could sway the movement of this stock.
- You can view the full Honda Motor Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.