Updated from 6:50 a.m. EDT
Here are 10 things you should know for Tuesday, April 29:
1. -- U.S. stock futures were rising Tuesday and European stocks gained on positive earnings reports as the Federal Reserve begins a two-day policy meeting on Tuesday.
Asian shares ended Tuesday's trading session mixed.
2. -- The economic calendar in the U.S. on Tuesday includes the Case-Shiller 20-city Index for February at 9 a.m. EDT and Consumer Confidence for April at 10 a.m.
3. -- U.S. stocks on Monday finished mixed.The Dow Jones Industrial Average settled up 0.53% at 16,448.74, while the S&P 500 added 0.32% to close at 1,869.42. The Nasdaq dipped 0.03% to finish at 4,074.40.
4. -- eBay (EBAY) is forecast by Wall Street to report earnings of 67 cents a share on revenue of $4.23 billion.
The stock was reiterated as a "buy" with a $65 price target at Cantor Fitzgerald on Monday. The firm said eBay's first-quarter results, due after the bell Tuesday, should be inline with expectations with a pick-up in growth in domestic e-commerce.
6. -- Herbalife (HLF) raised its earnings guidance for the year after its adjusted first-quarter net income beat Wall Street estimates.
The seller of supplements and weight-loss products also said that it would eliminate its quarterly dividend payment and instead focus on repurchasing stock. Herbalife executives said they plan to repurchase $581 million common shares in the second quarter as part of a previously announced $1.5 billion repurchasing program.
Herbalife has been in a battle with hedge fund manager Bill Ackman, who has claimed the company is a pyramid scheme. Herbalife has denied those accusations.
Shares of Herbalife rose 0.3% in premarket trading to $59.