Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Union Pacific ( UNP) pushed the Transportation industry lower today making it today's featured Transportation laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.7%. By the end of trading, Union Pacific fell $2.80 (-1.5%) to $187.78 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,202,307 shares of Union Pacific exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,108,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $187.41-$190.60 after having opened the day at $190.35 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $190.58. Other companies within the Transportation industry that declined today were: Newlead Holdings ( NEWL), down 19.2%, Eagle Bulk Shipping ( EGLE), down 7.8%, Swift Transportation ( SWFT), down 7.5% and JetBlue Airways ( JBLU), down 5.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Union Pacific Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.