Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. State Street ( STT) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, State Street fell $1.94 (-3.0%) to $63.79 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5,046,035 shares of State Street exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,031,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $63.65-$65.50 after having opened the day at $65.15 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $65.73. Other companies within the Financial sector that declined today were: Zillow ( Z), down 10.4%, Leju Holdings Ltd ADR ( LEJU), down 8.4%, Transcontinental Realty Investors ( TCI), down 7.9% and Consolidated-Tomoka Land ( CTO), down 7.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full State Street Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.