Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Cheniere Energy ( LNG) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, Cheniere Energy fell $1.57 (-2.7%) to $56.18 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,564,377 shares of Cheniere Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,625,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $55.75-$57.60 after having opened the day at $57.56 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $57.75. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Rocket Fuel ( FUEL), down 11.9%, Polymet Mining ( PLM), down 9.4%, Amyris ( AMRS), down 8.4% and Recon Technology ( RCON), down 7.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Cheniere Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.