Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Cirrus Logic ( CRUS) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 2.4%. By the end of trading, Cirrus Logic rose $1.00 (4.8%) to $21.63 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5,750,027 shares of Cirrus Logic exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,742,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $21.20-$21.94 after having opened the day at $21.41 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $20.63. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: Vasco Data Security International ( VDSI), up 19.0%, Itron ( ITRI), up 10.9%, VirnetX ( VHC), up 9.3% and Premiere Global Services ( PGI), up 7.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Cirrus Logic Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.