Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Family Dollar Stores ( FDO) pushed the Services sector higher today making it today's featured services winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.5%. By the end of trading, Family Dollar Stores rose $1.26 (2.2%) to $58.31 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,002,314 shares of Family Dollar Stores exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,910,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $56.50-$58.33 after having opened the day at $57.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $57.05. Other companies within the Services sector that increased today were: Prestige Brands Holdings ( PBH), up 18.1%, DeVry ( DV), up 13.9%, Body Central ( BODY), up 11.5% and Ambassadors Group ( EPAX), up 10.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Family Dollar Stores Ratings Report.
- Use our services section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.