Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Principal Financial Group ( PFG) pushed the Financial Services industry higher today making it today's featured financial services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Principal Financial Group rose $1.50 (3.4%) to $46.29 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,319,019 shares of Principal Financial Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,422,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $45.30-$47.84 after having opened the day at $46.64 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.79. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that increased today were: A-Mark Precious Metals ( AMRK), up 4.4%, Paulson Capital ( PLCC), up 4.3%, Eagle Capital Growth Fund ( GRF), up 4.2% and Community Bankers ( ESXB), up 2.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Principal Financial Group Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.