Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Weatherford International ( WFT) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.1%. By the end of trading, Weatherford International rose $2.06 (11.2%) to $20.47 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 36,849,465 shares of Weatherford International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9,343,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $19.61-$20.58 after having opened the day at $20.01 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $18.41. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: New Concept Energy ( GBR), up 30.6%, Eagle Rock Energy Partners ( EROC), up 8.7%, Houston American Energy ( HUSA), up 6.4% and Newpark Resources ( NR), up 5.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Weatherford International Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.