Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Seadrill ( SDRL) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, Seadrill rose $0.51 (1.5%) to $34.77 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,479,598 shares of Seadrill exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,784,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $34.19-$35.04 after having opened the day at $34.33 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.26. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: New Concept Energy ( GBR), up 30.6%, Weatherford International ( WFT), up 11.2%, Eagle Rock Energy Partners ( EROC), up 8.7% and Gold Fields ( GFI), up 7.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Seadrill Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.