- LNKD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $442.2 million.
- LNKD traded 16,961 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:09 AM.
- LNKD is down 3.1% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LNKD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LNKD NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on LNKD: LinkedIn Corporation operates an online professional network. LNKD has a PE ratio of 860.2. Currently there are 20 analysts that rate LinkedIn a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. The average volume for LinkedIn has been 3.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. LinkedIn has a market cap of $18.3 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. The stock has a beta of 1.25 and a short float of 4.6% with 1.56 days to cover. Shares are down 19% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates LinkedIn as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself, unimpressive growth in net income, disappointing return on equity and premium valuation. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The share price of LINKEDIN CORP has not done very well: it is down 5.84% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. Looking ahead, we do not see anything in this company's numbers that would change the one-year trend. It was down over the last twelve months; and it could be down again in the next twelve. Naturally, a bull or bear market could sway the movement of this stock.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 67.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $11.51 million to $3.78 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, LINKEDIN CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for LINKEDIN CORP is currently very high, coming in at 87.06%. Regardless of LNKD's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, LNKD's net profit margin of 0.84% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- You can view the full LinkedIn Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.