NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- DreamWorks (DWA) has been downgraded to "hold" with a $22 price target, Topeka Capital said Friday. The firm said it expects further write-downs for its Mr. Peabody & Sherman movie.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates DREAMWORKS ANIMATION INC as a Hold with a ratings score of C+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate DREAMWORKS ANIMATION INC (DWA) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that we feel that the company's cash flow from its operations has been weak overall."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- DREAMWORKS ANIMATION INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, DREAMWORKS ANIMATION INC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.65 versus -$0.43 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.69 versus $0.65).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Media industry. The net income increased by 120.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$82.71 million to $17.19 million.
- 41.65% is the gross profit margin for DREAMWORKS ANIMATION INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 8.41% trails the industry average.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 120.40% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 39.15% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, however, we cannot assume that the stock's past performance is going to drive future results. Quite to the contrary, its sharp appreciation over the last year is one of the factors that should prompt investors to seek better opportunities elsewhere.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$43.45 million or 34381.74% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: DWA Ratings Report