Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Avnet ( AVT) pushed the Wholesale industry lower today making it today's featured Wholesale laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Avnet fell $3.15 (-6.7%) to $43.57 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2,326,390 shares of Avnet exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 886,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $42.15-$44.37 after having opened the day at $43.33 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $46.72. Other companies within the Wholesale industry that declined today were: Ingram Micro ( IM), down 9.2%, Armco Metals Holdings ( AMCO), down 5.6%, Arrow Electronics ( ARW), down 2.6% and United Stationers ( USTR), down 2.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Avnet Ratings Report.
- Use our wholesale section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.